LOW-INCOME IOWANS MAY QUALIFY FOR ASSISTANCE
Low-income assistance is available to qualifying low-income Iowans as part of a federal support program. This program, “Lifeline”, is available through KCTC.
Lifeline is a plan that assists qualified low-income Iowans by providing a monthly reduction of $9.25 on their local bill.
“This assistance plan is available to qualified Iowans,” said KCTC General Manager Casey Peck. “KCTC wants to let low-income customers know about these programs, and encourage those eligible customers to apply.”
Lifeline program participants are eligible for unlimited local and EAS calling. Toll charges will be charged at normal rates. Please refer to the catalog of services for current rates.
Iowans whose income is at or below 135 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines are eligible for assistance. Additionally, Iowans who participate in one or more of the following programs are eligible for assistance:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance
- Program (SNAP)Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families Program (TANF)
- National School Lunch Program (NSL)
To apply for this low-income assistance plan, applicants should submit an application to KCTC.
The Iowa Utilities Board points out that this low-income assistance plan is important for Iowans and benefits the public by ensuring affordable access to services for everyone. Eligible Iowans are encouraged to submit their application and direct questions to their local communications company.
An applicant shall request assistance through completion of a form provided by KCTC.
- Since 1905, KCTC has helped the Kalona community stay connected with the latest advancements in clear, dependable telecommunications services. As a local provider, KCTC offers an expanding array of communications options along with responsive, personal service. KCTC customers now enjoy Fiber-to-the-Home technology, delivering the latest in home entertainment and Internet access right to the customer’s door.